Saturday 14 July 2012

Bear Witch Project ..... Despacho

Well helllooooooooooooooo there - yep tis me again - Arthur ..... I am so excited, yesterday I had my first taste of being a BearWitch and did my first crafty project .....

It all started with Raven and Sun picking me up and taking me to Tansy's house and, well, no self-respecting Witch would work on an empty stomach and this bear's belly was rumbling!!!

Good job Tansy is a wondercook!!!




That's dinner and for pudding ........ 

  But you has to be quick ......

She's a dab hand with a spoon ....!!! but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - she loves me really! 

Anyway, when we were all stuffed *pardon the pun* - I was sent out into the garden to light the chine..chimi...china......fire!


 

Why do we need a fire ... well, Raven tells me that we are making Despacho's today, I can hear you asking so I'll tell  you - a Despacho is not a cold soup as Tansy says but a parcel .... here's the blurb....... 

A despacho ceremony is meant to bring Ayni (balance) or reciprocity, into balance and is an act of love to Pachamama (Mother Earth) - A despacho is build (like a mandala) with a specific intent and/or purpose to create balance.  They can be built for any occasion such as: 

To give thanks to Mother Earth
To release fears
To honor new beginnings
To honor the dying and the dead 
To bring balance into our lives 

........... 

So, to start with we brought in Tin from Canada by the miracles of modern technology.... 


And then we began, as you can see with some paper - and then we put on the paper a shell to symbolize Mother Earth, three bay leaves to hold the prayers, ..... then we added something to honor the elements ... 



Mine has:  Pebble (Earth), Feather (Air), Sea Grass (Water) and Pepper seeds (Fire) ...


Then we added flowers (marigold heads) and something sweet (lemongrass) and some dragon resin - is it just me or does mine actually look like a dragon ..........???


You then add a note to represent your intent, or a photo, or whatever it is you are releasing /giving thanks for ... this will be personal to you

Then you wrap the parcel .....


And tie it with yellow twine - Raven tied mine for me - and then you burn it ..... 



*as I am flammable - Raven put the Despacho in for me*

When the fire is out and the Despacho is burnt - you let the wind take the ashes ..... anything that won't / can't burn then you bury in Mother Earth ....

After the ceremony we headed back inside for some fun and laughter - and a little more crafting ..... coming soon to a blog near you!!!!

Til then ......

love and blessings

Arthur .....and the KW leadership team!

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment